Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Friday, January 31, 2014

Blizzards

I sit here waiting yet for another 'mini blizzard'.  I know, this won't be an 'over a foot of snow' kind, but nonetheless, still, in my mind, a blizzard.  We've has  a couple in the last two weeks or so.  Each time, I, ahead of the storm, drive to the store and stock up on emergency foods.  In desperation, I could walk to a fairly nearby store,  but lets be real.  Going for three items is a trick.  I couldn't carry home all the 'impulse shopping' that would happen as I walked to pick up only that which was absolutely necessary .  I did get today, two ready made salads full of that healthy stuff.  Since I must watch my sugar, I use yogurt as the dressing.  Normally I wouldn't eat yogurt (yukky bacteria), but someone convinced me recently it really wouldn't kill me.  (I'm still not sure.)  But back to my stockpiling.  I have frozen macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and If I remember correctly, homemade soup.  Today I got, in addition to the dwindling pizza, more pizza, with pepperoni of course.  Finally, thinking only of the protein, four McD's hamburgers.  Soon, I shall have to start eating what's in my freezer.  Secretly, I only put it there for my comfort zone, I may never eat it, just open the freezer on occasion and look at it.  Alright, it's high in starch and a LITTLE fat but have you ever heard of someone surviving a blizzard on vegetables and other non starchy food?  I haven't......................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment