Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Sunday, January 26, 2014

vacuum cleaners/carpeting

I don't like vacuum cleaners or carpeting.  The  upright ones were ok but the tank ones were a drag, literally.  As for the carpeting, it wasn't too bad until they decided the middle of the room wasn't good enough, it had to go under all the furniture.  Why, I still don't know, to make the furniture more comfortable?  It never gets walked on and is  a wonderful dust collector.  I found a solution.  Get rid of both.  A dust mop is so much easier to maneuver. The electricity cost is lower but vacuuming once a month probably doesn't make a huge difference.  I found my own solution but with mixed emotions.  My floors are like the old 'five and dimes', (Extremely early Kresge's for those of you too young to remember), worn, unshiny  and occasionally squeaky, but good memories.  On the other hand, I remember 'grade school' floors.  No matter how many thousands of little feet repeatedly traveled them on a daily basis, a special man, known only as 'the janitor', brought them back to glistening life anew each morning.  I've been told, I too could have that kind of floor, but at what price, emotionally.  You see, I'm a perfectionist, really, perhaps the sloppiest one I know, but one, non the less.  The first time anyone, myself included puts one drop of water or speck of anything on my perfect floors, I'd throw a fit.  I've lived like that.  Its no fun and I guarantee you wouldn't like me.  Next time you come over, rain or shine, you don't have to take off your boots or shoes, (maybe  just a quick wipe on a throw rug).  Welcome....................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment