Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Sunday, February 2, 2014

It's ok to brag

Yes.  It is ok to brag.  Today I got a visit from my great granddaughter.  She is nine months and four days old.  We went to Village Coney for lunch.  She happily chewed on several dill pickle spears.  She was then stood on the floor where she proceeded to walk around.  No, not totally surefooted  but walking on her own nonetheless.  Many many years ago, I had a baby born with Spina Bifida / hydrocephalus.  He lived eight months.  Once, just once as I held him, he raised his face, looked at me and cooed.  It might as well have been the Gettysburg Address.  I have bragging rights. We all do.  It's alright...................marge

2 comments:

  1. Dear Marge,

    Hello. My name is Lauren. I am a fan of your blog and also a fellow Birmingham blogger! I just wanted to tell you that your post was very moving. Absolutely you have bragging rights. Many of them!

    I'm glad that is sounds like you had a nice visit over lunch. Please stay safe and warm in all the snow out there!

    Sincerely,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby sounds beautiful.

    ReplyDelete