Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Computer and blizzard

I sit here at my wondrous but mostly confusing computer with the usual plethora of thoughts.  (No.  It's not a word I use often but I actually work at stretching the mind).  This will be a two, (or three) parter.  Oops, jiggly red line under parter.  Apparently it's not a real word, so 'they' say.  It works for me.  But back to business.  There are many little quirks and questions about my computer that need answering.  I can't call the $100/hour wonderful geeks all the time, just doesn't seem feasible.  Nor is it fair to rely on my computer experts daughter and son in-law.  Even if they are more than willing, the problem is at my end.  I can't remember what I want fixed.  I know, write it down but it isn't always a 'problem', I just don't understand what is happening.  How do I write something down I don't understand? That is the question.  Most of it is basic A B C steps, but, in a nutshell, I don't know how to get to A.  But enough about me and my computer.  Back to the impending 'blizzard'.  I have again, stocked up for its arrival.  I know, the last one was just a short while ago and I haven't eaten that food yet.  Finding more 'free space'  in the freezer is becoming a looming  problem.  What's in there is already boring me, except for maybe, the cookies.  Cookies are a staple of life to be treated with respect. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.  Fresh vegetables?  No.  Cans of V-8 juice work just fine.  Milk for cereal?  Fry the cereal with butter, onion powder and salt, eliminating the need for milk, which eventually just sours anyway.  Eggs, always eggs and simple survival should be covered.  Now to the being imprisoned syndrome.  I have a coffee table full of wonderful books to read.  Much time can be consumed browsing the titles.  When that gets tiresome, pull out the old unfinished crossword puzzles  that couldn't be completed the first time at trying.  There's so much self entertainment available.  If worse comes to worse, there is always dusting etc. but I try to stay away from such thoughts.  Locked inside away from the world is scary enough without bringing up shh, cleaning....................................marge

1 comment:

  1. Dear Marge,

    Ha! Your musing on yet another blizzard coming this way, had me both laughing and feeling not-quite-so concerned about it. Well, in fact, I don't mind pretty, new snow, but the driving and the thought of a 6th possible snow day off from school have me slightly concerned. Thank you though, for the positivity! It is appreciated. I shall try my hardest not to dust during any blizzards, and I will bring out all of our cookies, V-8 and the old crosswords lying around. (The second try at the crosswords are always better anyway!) Very good advice.

    I do hope that your computer issues clear up soon, or that you eventually get to A, then B & C to describe the quizzical problem. I feel that your kind and sweet sounding computer wizard daughter and son-in-law would always be happy to help. Perhaps they can jog your mind and figure out what "A." really is!

    If it makes you feel any better, I always get the red, jiggly line under my typing. I DO think "parter" is definitely a word. What do they know!? ;)

    Please stay safe and warm in whatever snow comes. Thank you again for making me smile and making me think!

    Sincerely,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete