Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Sunday, February 16, 2014

No! Not again!

I don't know how many more blizzards I can take, or my freezer for that matter.  Just mention the 'B' word and its off to the grocery store again!  This time it was canned green beans and oh yes, meltable dark chocolate for strawberries.  Unfortunately they didn't have any large delicious strawberries like 'Edible Fruits' does.  Those are the greatest but I just couldn't bring myself to pay another $31 for a dozen, even though they're worth every bite.  I've never attempted this project before so I may just spend the $31.  We'll see.  Besides, I've yet to buy the strawberries.  I whittled down the freezer contents this afternoon.  I took out a small unrecognizable package and thawed it in the microwave.  Delicious bite of smoked salmon from a friend.  Since that wasn't the intended snack, I returned to the freezer, removing yet another small container.  Aha.  Found the right one.  A little hot pepper stuffed with cheese.  Yes, they do freeze nicely.  If you're concerned, remember, so far its been only protein and vegetable, that 'healthy' stuff.  Of course slightly buried in one corner is a larger bag of  'non pariels' (never could spell or pronounce it).  These of course are for emergencies, usually around midnight, when boredom sets in at its fullest.  I have enough to share.  I am however, not generous to a fault..........................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment