Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Friday, December 20, 2013

They had to ask...

I recently was asked how thrilled I was to be a new great grandparent.  After pondering for three seconds, I replied "not too".  Now don't be upset. It's not like it sounds.  You must know that before this infant was born, my only impression of a great grandparent was of a senior citizen holding a baby on her lap for a picture saved for posterity and to be shown to said child in say 10 or 20 years.  I would be thrilled if someone, anyone, would ask me to depart any or all of my much stored up wisdom.  I've had it for so long it's getting rusty.   Don't misunderstand.  This is an adorable, bright (aren't they all?) smiley, happy infant.  When she comes over and in the door, there is a moment of pause while her little mind looks at me and runs through her memory bank. Ah yes.  I know this person and she's ok!  Then the big smile.  (Great for one's ego).  I do feel a little tricked though.  When I bend over (not an easy task) to pick her up, I was told she only weighs 19 lbs.  I've been picking up kids for many many years.  I know 38 lbs. when I lift it!  All in all, she's a real keeper as would be any child.  She just happens to be related!...........................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment