Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The dreams and the lots don't match

I, having come from a blue collar town growing up, now live in an 'affluent' smaller city in SE Mi.  New home construction is a good thing.  Where these homes are being built, deeply concerns me.  My area is not the 'affluent' one but the way things are changing it is becoming that.  The lots are about 50' wide or less.  Half million $ and up homes are being build on these lots.  Not all are bad, but I pity some of the families living next to some of them.  If you happen to be on the wrong side, your property, perhaps worth less now,  could well be blocked from a beautiful sunrise, sunset, or just plane sunshine a good  portion of the day.   A three story house next to a 1 1/2 story one borders on the ridiculous.  If one needs to cut corners, perhaps one isn't ready to build their dream home.  As to the smaller home, I hope they don't have larger vehicles that need to be put into their garages.  I've seen some pretty tight squeezes...............marge

No comments:

Post a Comment