Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Sunday, June 14, 2015

I know, I've said it before, but it needs repeating

Three things at this moment are driving me up the proverbial wall.  There are more but my brain has a limit of three and then I have to write them down so as not to forget.  Dead body.  perhaps not  when referring to a'body' of water, but to a person, you don't need to say they are dead.  I would conclude that, really, especially if it's a 'decomposed'  one.  Dead animals are called 'carcasses', not 'dead carcasses'.  So quit saying 'dead body'.  Human remains (or just plain 'body') will be quite sufficient.  2ndly, I've criticized those who say 'I misspoke'  I confess to doing it myself.  I wasn't lying, It's just that sometimes it takes the passage of time for the real memory to kick in at which time I will correct my mistakes and I have.  Lastly, it's that old 'went missing' again.  Who started that?  Was it Nancy Grace?  I didn't 'went to the store and then 'went missing' because I didn't come home when expected.  I just disappeared for a longer time than usual.  Disappeared is such a nice word.  What idiot replaced it with the horrible sounding 'went missing'?!  Surely that can't be correct english?  Please tell me it isn't....................................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment