Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Prejudices

I believe I have many prejudices.  Some acceptable, most not.  As a child, I was threatened with having to eat asparagus by several mean relatives.  To them, a big family joke.  To me, not funny, just plan cruel.  Hence, I pretty much hate asparagus.  Are there certain people or groups I don't particularly like?  Yes.  Are my dislikes reasonable?  A weak, really weak perhaps to some extremely small degree but probably not.  I therefore, attempt to keep them to myself.  I've learned that even passing my 'prejudices' along in 'joke', or any form, is wrong.  This only serves to perpetuate 'hate' and accomplishes absolutely no good.  I've decided to think not twice, but three times before forwarding 'humor'.  (Alright, I weaken when it comes to 'blonde' jokes').  I once wore a blonde wig and loved the personality change.  It may have a been a bit much to handle though.  Back then to brunette and finally gray.  Now, its time to not only stop being part of not so harmless 'joking' and that is important, but to speak out against it.  That is equally, or even more important................................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment