Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Aprons or fishing poles etc.

In the past century, when I was growing up, the males were in their category and we females were in ours.  For whatever reason, I fell into the fishing pole one.  I am SO grateful!  Before I was a teenager, I walked through corn fields with the 'men' hunters carrying a loaded rifle.  Alright.  The safety was on.  I wandered through and visited with the mechanics at my dad's dealership on a regular basis.  So as a result, I more or less prefer talking to men.  Sitting around talking to (yawn) sorry, women,  doesn't always  (memories hang on) cut it for me.  So to all you women out there who might think I'm cuddling up to your husband, think again, I'm not, for real.  And yes to you doubting Thomases,  I can cook.  My children's most favorite supper (dinner)  came on one of the hottest evenings of the year.  They still remember.  I served Tin Roof Sundaes.  Seemed reasonable to me.  And if you're not sure about Tin Roof, look it up.................marge

6 comments:

  1. Yum, thanks for the tin roof memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would gender matter TODAY? (Yawn) sorry marge, but both women AND men can be interesting or boring to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deleted comment slightly corrected. TODAY it most likely wouldn't . That was how it was, to my thinking, about 50 years ago. A much different time and attitudes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wording makes it sound like you are talking about today .....

    ReplyDelete