Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 17, 2014

To the lighter side

I live on a corner.  I like that.  People out for a walk wave to me.  I wave back from my kitchen window.  I was going to write a book once with that title, maybe I still will or better yet blog.  My side yard is not quite ordinary.  Nor, I guess, am I.  Looking out from my back porch windows are two large tigers and I do mean large.  In my yard itself, near the sidewalk, are smaller and larger animals.  All are made of assorted garden tools and any other pieces of metal found at garage sales.  There are treasures out there to be had.  Did I make these?  No.  My daughter the welder did.  She has more fun being creative than a three year old finger painting, much more.  I have a leopard named Sophia, Hugo the 200 lb. lion, A tall giraffe Quinn (my neighbor and I argued about whether it was a boy or girl, hence the name Quinn, A smaller giraffe, Lilly (only four ft. tall and lastly, for the moment, my favorite, so far, Hugo, an Orangutan, hanging from a plant holder.  Close your eyes and try to spell orangutan.  In the chair next to my side door is a plaque which reads, 'I may wander but I'm never lost'.  Do go garage saleing and do walk by and oh yes, wave...........................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment