Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Monday, June 4, 2018

For myself and my friend Bill.

If you wake up and don't know what day it is or you just went to bed or it's time to get up not to worry.  This can all be figured out with a little time and no panic.  If we didn't have our fantastically thinking brains, then maybe we should worry, but just a little.  The morning sun comes in my bedroom window.  When it's cloudy, things get screwed up.  I started with logic.  I was in my PJs.  That didn't help.  I checked the phone to see what the date was and the time of course.  Nine O'clock didn't help.  Head to the calendar.  Aha.  Now I know the day but early or late?  Now the TV  comes in.  I do recognize a.m. and p.m. shows so now I know it's morning.  After my three cups of coffee I decide to take the challenge and go to Kroger.  When there I ride the handicap carts.  I look fairly normal but my legs get tired after 50 feet of walking.  My Buddy Ron worked at the back self-checkout.  (I come in the front). They keep putting cardboard shelves all around the store in the narrowest aisles they can find.  It is my unconscious job to hunt them out and see how close and fast I can get by them.  I'm not always successful.  Ron saw me driving.  He waved to the courtesy desk, told the lady there, he needed a tow truck.  He's a big strong fellow and lifted the front of my electric car up so I couldn't escape.  Meanwhile, customers are staring at us and not sure how serious this is but Ron let me proceed and all was calm.  Next time I'm taking my squirt gun.  It's multi-colored so I should be safe.  The next 'incident', I woke, got out of bed and started looking for my Toddler.  The house was too quiet! I went into the living room.  The light popped on in my head.  I better not have a toddler.  I'm 81!  That was a relief.  Really!  so Bill be mellow.  Think of me and my rotten memory etc.  You and I are just fine..................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment