Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Undermining Seniors .

Friends, relatives and therapist seem to be slowly taking away my self confidence to do things on my own.  They are always warning me to 'be careful'!  Can't have you falling and ending up in the hospital with a broken hip!  I know I pop up from a chair too quickly and tend to spin toward the direction I want to go.  It is SO habit forming.  Please though, don't keep reminding me of the consequences.  I already know them.  Believe me, I do.  I do try to think ahead before moving.  But after 80 years everything seems so automatic.   Thinking before I 'get up and go' takes some practice.  I behave better when you're not  here.  I seem to fall into the 'helpless' mode when you are.  I drive my car with care.  Driving more than five miles from home seems to put panic in everyone's heart.  That is turn, makes me an edgy driver.  So.  Everyone calm down.  Let me be the deciding factor.  I think the mind is still in good working order.  And remember, many years ago I did drive my beloved Yugo to New Brunswick and back!.......................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment