Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Boston Fern follow up.

For those breathlessly awaiting a report on the 'repotted' Boston Fern.  It has taken a couple of days but it's finally showing signs of overcoming the traumatization of its transplant.  I'm asked about my fantastic ability to raise, not one, but two fern  plants.  The second one's fronds are reaching over two feet in length.  Someone asked what was my watering timetable.  My answer:  I stick my finger in the dirt and if it comes out clean and mostly dry, I water them.  My daughter, the Master Gardener, shakes her head and sighs BUT, is beginning to believe in my (honestly, I really think so) intuitive method of Fern nurturing.  I admit however, I'm about to throw away my old videos of 'The Body Snatchers' and 'The Day of the Triffids'.  It getting a little too scary around here, the ferns just keep getting bigger and BIGGER!................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment