Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Sunday, January 18, 2015

The British are coming the British are coming!

I don't think our allies across the Pond are being insidious but a little doubt has been creeping in.    It started, to my observation, with all our 'infomercials'.  Am I the only one who's noticed the rising number of, shall we say, 'working class' British accents?  Next before I knew it, they'd  captured hosting late night shows.  Now and perhaps, a higher speaking class, is covering World News.  And more than one station!  Are we really prepared for this?  I think they're trying to make us believe that Britishness speaking people are more accurate?  Can that be?  As an aside, I must admit I do put a little more credence in the Canadian broadcasters to whom I listen.  ( I know, they are not British but they run a close second.)  They seem much more serious to me.  Who would doubt, among others, Peter Mansbridge of the Canadian 'National News'?  Not I.

No comments:

Post a Comment