Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Friday, October 17, 2014

My perfect car.

This will be complicated.  first, a little history.  My Chevy Tracker is over 14 year old, rusting through the door panels and has 88,000 miles on it, which, comparatively speaking, isn't a lot.  I can't remember what I didn't like about this car the first year or two, but now I want another similar one, with a few corrections or additions.  Its got to be kept simple.  I can do without a complicated dashboard.  I like manual door locks.  Enough with all the electronic stuff.  Some things I don't want.  Really don't want.   The mini SUV's rear end higher than the front, and the high up spare tire, both blocking  the view out of the back window.  I do want a wider rear view mirror and the seats level with my 'seat'.  I don't want to have to climb up to get in or pull myself up to get out of the car.  If you're 25, OK, but I'm not.  Let's stick to sliding in and out for aging, 'mini' sized people like me.  And the muscle tone isn't what it used to be either.   I know, I probably can get electronic seats and a lot of other stuff I'm not even aware that's already here and has been for years (my ignorance abounds) but simplicity is my goal.  This new car probably won't be taking trips to the Bay of Fundy like my Tracker and I did, oh wait, that wasn't my Tracker, that was my stick shift Yugo!!  I certainly won't drive the new one 103 MPH like I did my '57 Plymouth in the mid 50's on Geddes Road.  I have wised up quite a bit since then.  This new 'mini van' I MAY get one of these days, will be driven like a 'little old lady-only on Sundays'.  I know I will remember a lot more after I've posted this but I'll stop for now.  I've tired myself out with  all this brain strain................................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment