Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 12, 2015

It was the worst of times, the best of times.

I had an 11:30 a.m. dentist appointment today.  That in itself sets me off for the previous 24 hours.  I don't sleep well the night before and I'm near a basket case if I have to go anywhere before at least noon.  Starting disaster part #1.  They called and changed my appt. to 10:15 a.m.  That almost pushed me over the edge but on my way there, my muffler fell down, disaster # 2.  I've had things 'fall down' on my car before and its no fun.  Huge rattling and scraping on the cement, well, you know.  I went into the  dentist's office where wonderful people are including John who's in charge of the creative tooth lab.  He took a coat hanger outside with him and laid on some cardboard.  He proceeded to tie the muffler up til I could get to a repair place.  I headed to 13 mile and Greenfield Rds. To Ernie's muffler shop after my dentist appt.  Those are also 'wonderful' people, from the desk ladies to the repairers.  My car was fixed in no time and cost $99!  So yes, I am surviving.  Who said this 'senior' s--t was easy?  Bull!  Then I remember.  Life could be so much worse. Be grateful..............................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment