Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Monday, February 23, 2015

New automobiles

The radio said 65 % of adults are afraid of buying a new car.  I'm one of them.  All the electronic gizmos on the dashboard are enough to scare anyone over 60+.  My current car has a key to unlock the doors and turn on the ignition.  At this point in my life, that's all I need.  I don't need to know how cold or hot it is outside my car.  That's not why I got into the car.  I (although it might be nice) could survive without one of the 'GPS's.  I know where my grocery store is and how to get there on my own.  I can read the needle that tell me I need to get gas and I know in this cold weather, to keep the tank fuller and why.  I look at the tires as I prepare to drive.  If one were 'flat', I'd spot it right away.  Truly.   I know this may shock some, but I remember putting my arm out of the window to signal I was going to turn.  Before power steering, after a turn, one could let go of the wheel and whee! it would 'unturn' itself.  As for safety features, I'd be so busy trying to read the dashboard my eyes wouldn't be on the road.  That is NOT a safety feature!  Simpler has to be better.  Really.................................marge

1 comment:

  1. Well I travel further than my grocery store and a GPS that tells me where to go (in a rather nasty tone I might add) is far safer than reading a map or directions while driving! Of course they could equip cars with a co-pilot and I wouldn't need to read maps......

    ReplyDelete