Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Friday, March 28, 2014

Will Rogers

I understand now what Will Rogers meant when he said "I never met a man I didn't like".  How can you dislike someone about whom you know nothing?  And after you know them for awhile?  Well, That's a different story.  I had fun out in the world today.  A dapper, distinguished gentleman held the door oh so politely for me as I entered the local post office. Once inside I lined up at the glass topped counter with pretty post office stuff encased inside.  I was admiring the new glass and also noticing it already had scratches from people dragging their packages along the top.  I then proceeded to chastise the young gentleman for putting his fingers prints all over the glass.  He, I must say, took it in stride.  I told him its fun picking on people who don't know me ( bravery in anonymity).  Next thing I knew I gave him my 'blog' title and name!  On rare occasions I can be, for a split second, clever.  I never said smart.  I never claimed that although I should have as they wouldn't have had time to realize the truth.  I also turned to the nice young woman behind me and gave her one of my new 'blog' cards.  What good is blogging if no one reads my blogs?  My reputation of  'the griper' precedes me but I do try to hide it, at least in the beginning.  Which brings me to after I left the Birmingham Post Office, turning south onto Adams Rd. and proceeded to watch three cars block the Adams Fire Station exit.  "Off with their heads!" I say.................................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment