Search This Blog

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Monday, March 31, 2014

Greatly needed

There are two classes that are still not being taught in schools.  1. Taking anything apart and 2. Putting anything back together.  SAFELY!  This is the key word.  Remember it.  As a child, I decided to fix the plug on a frazzled lamp cord.  And yes, they did have electricity back then.  I did notice the two wires in the cord were separated.  I decided to save time and electrical tape so I twisted the wires together and taped them as one, followed by attaching the plug.  Proud of myself, I plugged in the lamp.  I don't think I need to tell you what happened.  Just DON'T try it!  Then there was my sister's non working wrist watch.  Maybe if I took the back off and looked inside, I could see the problem.  Everything looked normal but then, how would I know?  I had never examined the inside of a watch.  Intriguing yes, forthcoming with a possible fix, especially after taking a few pieces out?  No.  I think her watch mysteriously disappeared.  Finally, in my adult years and I use that word loosely, I was asked by a friend to help put her new phone up on the wall.  The brackets were already there.  This was simple.  I could do this.  I held the phone over the brackets and pulled the phone down.  Everything was fine except I didn't move the phone wires out of the way.  They were nicely sliced in half.  Bless the phone company.  They let us take it back and get another one, for free.  (This is when they had old fashioned phone stores).  Can you believe, she wouldn't let me put this one on the wall?  I'm pretty sure I could have done it right this time..................marge

No comments:

Post a Comment